Lions roar like this at night, mostly, when the air is still and silent, and the vibrating sound carries for over 7km. They roar to make contact with their pride members and to declare their territory. Other lions can identify the specific calls and choose to respond or not to respond, making lion pride dynamics even more fascinating. Often, lionesses that have made a kill will refrain from answering to male lions’ contact calls because it is inevitable that they will lose their kill to the dominant pride leader. As much as lions are social cats, when it comes to feeding, its every man for himself.
More Tour Packages
- Nairobi National Park Tour Kenya Safari Africa
- Day trip to the Lake Nakuru National Park Kenya Safari Tour Africa.
- 2Days Lake Nakuru National Park Kenya Safari Tours Africa
- 2Days Amboseli National Park Kenya Safari Tours Africa
- 3Days Amboseli National Park Kenya Safari Tours Africa
- 3 Days Amboseli National Park Flying Kenya Safari Tours Africa
- 3 Days Masai Mara Luxury Tented Camp Kenya Safari Tours Africa
- 3 Days Masai Mara Luxury flying Kenya Safari Tour Africa
- 3Days Samburu Luxury Flying Kenya Safari Tour Africa